FLT team - 23:47 Wednesday 17 February 2021 (50820)
Print this report
Input mirror installation in the microtower
In the last two days the upper part of the suspension and the Input Mirror of the filter cavity have been installed inside the microtower.
The upper part of the suspension has been properly prepared in the CB clean room and transported in the clean room along the North tunnel:
1. The mirror and the marionette have been blocked using the mechanical components made on purpose;
2. The whole upper part of the suspension has been prepared and wrapped for the transportation;
3. The upper part of the suspension has been transported in the North tunnel clean room using a chariot (luckily, the size of the suspension allowed to pass it under the SQB1-SQB2 vacuum pipe).
In the North tunnel clean room, the bottom part of the suspension has been prepared to host the upper part:
1. The microtower has been leveled and properly tighten to the floor;
2. The Inverted Pendulum (IP) inside the microtower has been properly centered using a dummy load;
3. The suspension cables have been connected to the patch-panels of the microtower.
Finally, the upper part of the suspension has been installed on the bottom part. Marionette and mirror have been fine leveled, centered and balanced. The inverted pendulum has been fine centered.
All the suspension stages (IP, vertical filter, marionette, mirror) have been left free to float. Tomorrow, also the upper part of the suspension (motors, LVDTs, RH, ...) will be properly connected to the electronics.
Images attached to this report
Today we closed the input microtower. All the suspension stages (IP, vertical filter, marionette, mirror) are floating in air. Check on signals and implementation of suspension control loops will be done in the next days.
Images attached to this comment